Working at CLUSE
Some call it work. We call it doing what we love — and loving what we do. Building one of the world’s fastest-growing watch and jewelry brands, and inspiring women to express their individuality with our fresh spin on minimalism. We dream big, but our focus stays true to the little things. Attention to detail in everything we do. Being in tune with the moment. Embracing new opportunities. And challenging ourselves every day with great passion for the CLUSE brand.
It's our vision to create a world where you shine. Inspire women to celebrate their individuality, together. We do this by accepting and encourage curiosity, grace, sincerity, excitement, togetherness and drive.
What the role is about
As our Merchandise Manager you are responsible for building our Global Merchandising department while managing the inventory in such a way that we maximize sales and profit and optimize our Marketing stories. You develop and implement merchandise plans and processes that support both our B2B and B2C channels. It’s your goal to manage our inventory and help bring the Merchandise Planning culture to CLUSE. This is a unique opportunity for a self-starter who is looking for a role with enormous growth potential, both on personal and professional level!
You will join our creative and commercial Product Development & Merchandising department and report directly to our Director Product Development & Merchandising. You will work in close contact with our Business Analysts and Sales Departments (B2B and B2C)
- Set up our Global Merchandising department by implementing replicable processes and tools that can be utilized month on month to ensure that our inventory feeds the future success of our Global business;
- Run and analyze sales reports on a weekly/monthly basis and translate that data into actions;
- Cross check the Forecasts provided by the Sales Teams to ensure they are aligned to actuals and trend;
- Implement an OTB practice;
- Collaborate with Product Development to understand our seasonal, creative process and identify business opportunities;
- Work cross departmental with Product Development, Operations, Logistics, Sales and Marketing to ensure that the inventory is aligned to the needs of each.
Who we are looking for
- You graduated with at least a Bachelor’s degree in Fashion, Merchandising, Economics, Business or related;
- You have 5-8 years’ experience as a Merchandise Planner, including experience in a seasonal collection based business, like apparel and fashion;
- You possess excellent Excel skills and experience with ERP systems (preferably Netsuite);
- You are process minded and ready to implement proven best practices for planning and forecasting;
- You are analytical and are able to translate data into actions;
- You are up-to-date with the latest merchandising trends;
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- You appreciate product, trends and fashion;
- You have a good understanding of the design and development process and the evolution of a seasonal collection;
- You are able to work independently and as part of a team.
Good people deserve more besides an inspiring start
- Salary conform industry standard, depending on experience;
- 25 holidays per year on full time basis;
- Holiday allowance;
- Pension scheme;
- Partial travel cost reimbursement when living outside Amsterdam;
- Employee discount on own products plus a CLUSE product of your choice as welcome gift;
- Company iPhone;
- Company laptop;
- A new and inspiring office @ Houthavens, Amsterdam;
- Super tasty and healthy provided lunch;
- Regular social events you definitely want to attend, organized by our Social Events Team;
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial and international environment;
- Opportunities to impact the future of our ambitious company;
- Opportunity to join Merchandising and Forecasting Forums.
Curious to find out more?
If the role of Merchandise Manager feels like a good fit with your skills and ambition, we’d love to tell you a bit more about the CLUSE story. Only applications via the APPLY FOR THIS JOB link below will be considered. If your CV and cover letter catch our eye, we’ll definitely be in touch. We may ask you to complete a short assignment, and invite you for a coffee and chat if we see a potential match.
You can reach out directly to our corporate recruiter Lieke Feskens with any questions about this challenging opportunity via [email protected] or +31 (0)611848028.
Seize the opportunities…
Are you a recruiter? Thanks for your interest, but our in-house team has got this covered.